THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Riding


Recently, I have reunited with a friend of mine from a very long time ago. We actually dated for a brief moment when I was 16, and I was privelged to be a sophomore going to a Jr/Sr prom as his date. I don't remember exactly why we broke up, just one of those high school things I guess. Anyway, we have both moved on of course, and have enjoyed talking and catching up lately. There are only plutonic feelings involved, of course, it's just nice to have someone around from my past that's a good memory I suppose. Growing up I always had horses, I lived and breathed them, and my extended family did too. During adulthood, I have come across alot of people in my life that don't enjoy riding the way I do, or they are completely scared of them. Even when my dad sold our horses, I still had neighbors and this past-boyfriend I could go riding with. Sitting on top of a beast so large and to have control over that, and trust in the animal not to hurt you is kind of a big deal to me. Having the ability to go to places you may not have accessed before is amazing. You get to see parts of this world on trailrides that you may never have known existed. I'm realizing now how much I miss it, and would love to get back to it. My friend still has horses and recently bought a new one he wants me to ride and help break. The thought just exhilarates me, but the situation with my better half makes it a little uncomfortable for him when the ex and I hang out. So out of respect for him, I have not done so, and we only talk on the phone and txt. Maybe someday he'll understand and give a little to allow me to enjoy his company, and maybe even meet him. I really think they would make great friends, and for me, someone I dated 15 years ago shouldn't be a problem, but I guess guys are different. Oh well, maybe I'll just get a horse of my own soon:)

0 comments: