THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Circus!


Ok, so most of the time, I feel like my life is a circus. As the definition of "circus" in the way most people think of it, crazy. I myself have never been to one, until yesterday. It was simply amazing, some of the things these people can do! The woman in the photo above is a contortionist. In case it's hard to see, I'll describe her current pose for you. On the table, there is a stand with a mouthpiece on it, which she is of course holding with her teeth. Her rear end is basically resting on top of her head, with her legs outstretched and she is swinging a hoop in each hand. That's right, she not hanging on with anything but her teeth! The things the human body is capable of.... Anyway, this was an amazing adventure for me since I had never been before and I got to take my children too. I can only imagine what was going through their heads as they watched, when I think about what was going through mine. The colors were bright and cheerful, lots of sparkles and glowing lights made the place another world all it's own. The talent of the animals was out of this world. To see a tiger walk a tight rope, and a small puppy in an elephant suit pretend he was a wind-up stuffed animal is just something I thought I'd never see. They all seemed to be very well taken care of, not skinny, or sick or unhappy at all, but rather like they enjoyed their jobs and had fun with it. I saw flying trapeze artists do unthinkable flips in the air and trust in their partner to catch them, and Cirque De Sole type artists do impossible poses hanging from a rope in mid-air. One couple, a man and a woman, didn't do any swinging through the air, but instead a sequence of very precise, difficult poses with each other hanging from a rope and a handle. One of the best included him hanging by the handle, holding on with his hands, and her upside down, hanging from his feet by holding on with her feet...only...no hands! I can't even fathom having the strength in my ankles to do that! Anyway, point being, I said in the beginning, I thought my life was like a circus, crazy. I have found in fact now, that it's just normal and that the circus isn't crazy at all, but is the exact opposite. These people are very precise, talented, strong individuals that must practice for hours a day and years on end to get it just right.

0 comments: