THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter


So, I'm taking the easy way out in using Easter as something to write about today, since I seem to have a lack of imagination the last few days. I know sometimes these slumps hit, but they're hard to get out of. My oldest daughter's birthday is tomorrow, and we celebrated it yesterday on Easter. It actually turned out to be a fairly good idea, doing Easter and birthday party at the same time. I mean how many kids get to hunt for dozens of eggs filled with candy and all kinds of things they shouldn't have for a birthday party? It takes away that same old same old feeling of princess cakes and pinata's. My daughter loves Easter, it's one of her favorite holiday's and she even chose to have a cake that was themed green and yellow, topped with plastics rings to wear of bunnies and eggs. We played pin the tail on the donkey, which I'm beginning to think alot of kids these days know nothing about, and we got clown balloons to make animals and party hats out of. On top of that, the kids started using their own ideas for game playing. My oldest niece came up with a couple of games I had forgotten about using the eggs. One was rolling it across the floor with your nose in a race to the other side, and the other one was holding it on a spoon with your mouth and walking to the other side without dropping it. Eventually my mother's box of dress up clothes came out and they all decided to get on "fancy clothes" for the party. It was an amazing day and I think her best birthday yet. I was worried when I first started planning it because I didn't have much money to spend, but in the end it didn't matter and I was more satisfied than ever with how much fun the kids had. I always do try not to focus on money and material things, but once in a great while it's nice to be able to do that, and this was one of those times I had wanted to. Since this is her first year in school, and hearing her come home talking about other kids' parties and where they were going for them, or what they're getting for their gifts, I was worried she would be disappointed with the way we throw parties. It fills my heart up to know that she had just as much fun as any other year. I think I just may have the smartest, most loving, insightful, gifted and understanding child in the whole world and I'm more proud of her than I ever thought I could be.

1 comments:

Cathy said...

That was an awesome party you have. Thanks for sharing.. I love those cupcakes you prepared.. looked good..