THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Baaaad Habits


My resolution this year was to get healthier. So far, I haven't done much of that as usual but I suddenly find myself taking it one step at a time. The first thing I'm working on is alcohol. I enjoy my beer normally a couple times a week, but quite honestly, I just can't afford it anymore, and it seems like trouble always follows it, even if it's not me causing the trouble. I've just decided to stop, except maybe your occasional social get together, which only happens for me once every few months. So this has been easy enough to do for me and I haven't even had a craving for one in a couple of weeks. Along with the drinking comes the smoking and I thought I'd try it cold-turkey this week. Yeah, not working out so well. Over the last few years I've tried everything from hypnosis to prescriptions and none worked. So I'm doing it my way and I'm just gonna have to discipline slowly day by day until I'm down to none. I know that it's a health hazard, I'm not dumb, but for me it's more of an immediate concern since I do already have a condition that could be helped by quitting. For some reason this is my crutch and it just doesn't want to let go. I don't even like them anymore, and I feel horrible every day when I wake up. I don't like being attached to something so much because it makes me feel weak, but like I said, it just won't let go and I can't either. So slowly but surely, I'll get it done. The next cold-turkey stop is going to be Mt. Dew and I'm starting today. I know soda is the biggest reason for my weight gain since I'm downing up to 7 of them a day now. Not only is soda bad, but Mt. Dew is the worst of them all. This one won't be too bad I think, I can replace it with something else caffeine free first and then wean off the sugar part totally. I'm excited and hoping this will work, so I'll keep you updated!

0 comments: