THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Soul Expression


I love what music does for me. It is THE most beautiful form of expression that exists. Anyone in the world can appreciate music in some way shape or form and relate to it. It may be a different type for each and every person, or some people may like many genres, like I do. There are really only a couple of types I don't care for, and now and then I even find myself listening to it, depending on my mood. The thing I like about music is you can choose a song that relates to how you're feeling at the moment, whether it's happy, sad, in love, excited, hyper, mad, or just relaxed. Then again, it can do the complete opposite and change my mood. If I'm feeling down, and need a pick-me-up I can pick something happy with a quicker beat to cheer me up. I can't think of a reason I would be happy and feel like listening to something sad, but if I wanted to, I could. Many times at night I find my mind racing and it's nice to put on something relaxing like New Age. I love to sing, and had some experience in my younger years, but never really had the guts to fight my stage fright. I was in a couple of musicals in high school, and competed in small groups for regional competitions, however I found myself failing at solo's. I even sang the National Anthem once at my home town tractor pull and was so nervous I forgot the words! Now, I wish I had faced that fear and had someone to support the one thing I loved a little more. One of my favorite pass-time's is karaoke and it seems to be a release for me. I can sing songs that say what I'm thinking or feeling that I couldn't quite put into words myself. I'm sure everyone feels somewhat connected to music in some way, but for me, I feel like it's in my soul, kind of like writing.

0 comments: