THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lonely

Well, my kids spent and extra day and night with their dad this weekend, due to spring break. After having spent a few extra 24 hour days with them myself, I was loving it to the fullest, but also looking forward to a bit of a break to have some "me" time. Now, I get them back in an hour, and I have missed them soooo much! I can't wait to see them, and I have even gotten all of my housework and homework done so that I can concentrate only on them. It may sound simple but I have movie night plans to just sit and relax, cuddle, enjoy some popcorn maybe, and watch Madagascar 2. I didn't realize until I woke up this morning, early as usual, even without them here to wake me up, how much I missed them. I guess alone time is good, but when you get used to certain people being around all the time, it seems very lonely when they're gone. Even though I have been surrounded by other people all weekend long and was not totally alone, I still felt lonely. I watched my brother's kids begging him for a drink or snack, or tattle telling on each other, and noticed I didn't have anyone doing that to me, and I missed it horribly. In fact, I even started helping him out with them as a good Aunt should anyway, to take some load off of him and his wife, and fulfill a little part of me that was cryng inside. Children are such a blessing and I don't know what I would do without them.

0 comments: