THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Blue Plate Monday's

I'm a little late for Blue Plate Monday, my internet wasn't cooperating, but still wanted to share! Today I'm thinking icky sweet things about the way my life is happening and suddenly turning around. The people I have gotten close with in a very short time that are helping me find my way to faith. So therefore, today's recipe is sticky, gooey, and melts in your mouth.

Monkey Bread

3 cans butter flavored biscuits
2 cups sugar
3 T. cinammon
stick melted butter

Preheat oven to 350. You will need a bunt cake pan also. mix the sugar and brown sugar together, I don't really measure, so the above may not be quite right. The mixture should be pretty brown though. Melt the butter in a dish. Pick apart the biscuits one by one, rolling them into balls, you should be able to get about 3 balls per biscuit. Dip each ball in the butter and roll in sugar mixture, then place in the bunt pan. Keep doing this, just stacking them all on top of each other and filling in the gaps as you go until they are gone. Pour any leftover butter you may have on top. (if you used it all, melt a little more just for this part) And sprinkle any leftover sugar mix on top as well. Bake at 350 for about 45 mins or until you can stick a toothpick well down into it w/o having any dough on the toothpick when you pull it out. Turn over onto a plate and release all the buttery sugar filled goodness. Pick apart with your fingers if you like, makes a great snack to sit on the counter.

2 comments:

lilcountrymom said...

LOL, it's so funny, I was just talking about making Monkey Bread. Now, this is a sign. I better get with it.

Anonymous said...

Ooooo looks so good! I am glad that you will continue to blog! It has been a pleasure to have you in class, Kim. Don't forget to link to the post for BPMs, even if you are late. ~Kelly