THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Neighbor Kids

This year, my daughter started kindergarten and she's making new friends, which I of course expected and was excited for her to do. The weird thing however, is that she never asks for any of these kids to come over, or stay the night. I know that she's a little above her 5 years, so I always assume it's just that most 5 year olds aren't quite ready yet to do an overnight with a family they don't know. Recently we have some new neighbors that moved in down the street. They have 3 boys that are a little older, and started out coming over on nice days playing outside. Gradually this outside play moved inside on cold days too, and now I find them knocking on my door to come in and play the Wii about every other day or so. I don't mind at all, they seem to be good boys, and in fact I've even had them out picking up my yard before, which I found hilarious. It's like their my little men of the house, and they're always willing to help and do the "guy" stuff. It's funny, because both times I was pregnant, I was scared to death to have a boy, I prayed for girl's and I got them. Now, I find myself wishing I had a little mama's boy running around. Who knows, maybe I got one more in me, somewhere down the road, but I want to finish school first and get that out of the way. I know I'm getting to that point where I'm honestly getting a little old to be thinking about starting over with another baby, but hey, America's contemporary business women do it all the time, right? Maybe I'll get lucky and have a boy, after all, I'm pretty tom-boyish myself, so it's not like I wouldn't know how to raise a boy, I don't know why I was so scared before. Maybe because I'd had such bad experiences with men that I didn't wanna bring another into the world. Meeting Sonny, my boyfriend, I see that there are good men out there, and I would be proud to raise one just like him. So I guess these neighbor kids that at first were a nuisance, are now inspiring to me and I thank them for that. After all, boys will be boys.

0 comments: