THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Blue Plate Monday's


So my English professor has this awesome blog that I found. She does a little thing she likes to call "Blue Plate Monday's" in which you enter a recipe to share each Monday. Why "Blue"? Because she collects pieces of dishware that are blue and white, and by the looks of it, she has alot to be proud of. Anyway, as I have mentioned before, I love to cook, and like finding new dishes to prepare for my family. I also love to share my recipes unlike many women out there who think they consist of gold flakes somewhere in the ingredients and won't share. I like knowing that people enjoy my food, and it makes me feel accomplished to know that they enjoy it. So here is one that I get alot of compliments on, and I hope you like it as much as I do. It's a recreation I got from my mom, that she actually recreated first after ordering it in a restaurant (I like my version better tho).

Mushroom Bowls

4 large Portebello Mushroom tops
small container ricotta cheese
8 oz.french onion dip
4 oz.sour cream
shredded Italian blend cheese
box of seafood beer batter
butter flavored crisco

First you will need to heat up a deep fryer or butter flavored crisco in a deep pan. Also, preheat oven to 350. First cut off any stem that may be left on the mushrooms so they are flat on the bottom. Wash the mushrooms and set aside lightly folded up in a paper towel to dry. Mix the batter according to the directions, you can use the preference of beer vs. water to your liking and set aside. Next mix the ricotta, sour cream and french onion together in a seperate bowl. Once the oil is heated up, dip the mushrooms in the batter and coat them completely, and fry for only about a minute and a half each, then set aside to cool for about 5 mins. Now, flat side of the mushrooms up, pile on the mix of dip, sour cream and ricotta until there's a pretty good amount on top. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of that until again a good amount (more the better). Now, place the mushrooms on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil, because this will end up a little messy! Put into the oven for about 10 mins or until the cheese is melted and the topping is spilling over. Now, just cut into it and enjoy! It's a little messy to eat but is very filling and goes great with some pasta!

2 comments:

Bea said...

I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but this sounds so good. Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

This looks great! The girls will shy away, so I will make this on one of those grownups only weekends. John will love it. Thank you so much for playing along, Kim. You are a gem! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic