THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

In Class Writing, His Desk is Messy...and others

"His desk is messy"
George works in a fast paced office that is constantly abuzz with the rustle of papers, clacking of keys and phones ringing off the hook. Seeming like he never has much time to actually sit in the space he calls a desk, George finds it hard to grab 5 minutes here and there, to go through all the memos, deadlines, rough drafts and letters from fans that litter his desktop. Searching his cubicle for one piece he'd written a few days ago, he desperately throws pens over here, ripped open letters there, and a box of paperclips falls to the floor. Bending down to gather the scrambled pieces of metal, his boss steps up behind him, asking for the piece due for the daily column.

"She is mad"
Face beet red, small droplets of sweat started to form on her brow, pursed lips forming a straight line; you could begin to see the thoughts going through her head, before they all came pouring out of her mouth. I had just told my mother that I received my first traffic ticket. Slowly, she turned around and turned her back to me. Taking a few steps away, she asked in a very low demonic sounding voice,How fast were you going?

"It was cold outside"
Climbing out of bed from under the warm security of my comforter, my feet hit the ice cold floor. It normally wasn't quite so shocking, even in the morning, so I knew it had to be a blustery day outside. As I put on my slippers, my dog licked my face, telling me she needed to go out. "ok, ok, I'm coming, girl" I staggered towards my front door, rubbing my eyes and bumping into walls along the way. The handle was ice cold as I reached to twist it. Pulling open the door, a blast of winter air hit me before I even got the glass covered screen door open. Seeing the frost on the outside of it, I moaned; I knew this would be the painful part. I opened it and reached down to get Sadie's chain off the porch and found it frozen there.

0 comments: